February was a good month. I felt more positive. I was motivated to exercise. I had a weeks holiday. I PASSED MY EXAM!!
However, somehow i’ve got to the end of the month and i’m feeling rubbish about myself and my weight is up to the heaviest I have been for a while which is pretty gutting. Deep down I know why. Although i’ve been exercising more i’ve also been eating more. My weeks holiday was the culprit. It is never easy to accept how easy it can be to put weight on but how difficult it is to lose weight.
Let’s start March as I mean to go on. Let’s focus on what I did achieve in February.
February Goals – The Results
- My goal was to run 3 times per week which would have worked out as approx 12 runs this month. I ran 10 times in February – nearly there!
- My aim was to run 50 miles – I ran 49.8! I’ll take that
- My aim was to workout 4-5 times per week. My fitbit tells me that I achieved this!
Stick within my syn allowance.NO. Just no. I did not do this.
- I tracked my foot on my fitbit this month
- I tracked my alcohol using an app on my phone and I was much more sensible on nights out.
I want to break through the 154 barrier!!Not achieved. Not even close.
- Continue reading my Mindfulness book. Still need to do this.
- Spend less time on social media and more time on hobbies. And this.
- Go to mass. I went to Mass with my mum and dad. Tick.
- Make plans to see friends. One of my friends is coming in March and i’m seeing one tomorrow night.
- Plan a couple of date nights. We are trying to save money so I haven’t been very good at this. I need to think of things to do that don’t cost money.
There is a lot of room for improvement in March as you can see. I’ve been trying Slimming World for a while now and I haven’t had much success. I don’t think being told that pasta and potatoes are free foods really works for me. I think I might need to assess portion sizes. I’ve basically put on weight consistently since I started it several months ago. I think it’s time to say that at the moment it is not working for me. I’ve been thinking a lot about what actually does work for me. The only thing that has ever helped me lose weight is Intermittent Fasting. I’ve not done it for a long time because my work schedule is all over the place that it can sometimes make it difficult and I think IF works best with routine. But it really did work. I’ve been thinking about trying it again for a few weeks now and I think it is time. A new month is a perfect time to start something new. I can use March as an experiment.
I have the following shifts to work around: 08-18, 10-20, 12-22, 18-02, 22-08 and off days. I think instead of following the same IF schedule everyday, I need to have a different plan for each kind of shift.
- 08-18 – IF between 2100 and 1300
- 10-20 – IF between 2200 and 1400
- 12-22 – IF between 2300 and 1500
- 18-02 – IF between 2300 and 1500
- 22-08 – IF between 0300 and 1900
- Off days IF between 2000 and 1600 – allow exceptions for nights out on off days (I dont’ get to go out that often because of work so this shouldn’t create too much of a problem)
- Run 3 times per week
- Run 60 miles
- Workout 5 times per week
- Intermittent fasting
- Off chocolate and crisps for lent
- Track on fitbit
- Track alcohol
- Lose 2 pounds per week
- Read one book
- Go to Mass
- Plan some cheap date nights!
- Phone 2 friends this month